Lisnagarvey Hockey Club can trace it's foundation back to September 1901 when three young Lisburn men met in the local Temperance Institute and talked about starting a Club. They canvassed support and it was decided to form Lisnagarvey. The three founder-members were RC Bannister, who became Captain, EL Wilson, the Honorary Treasurer and WS Duncan, the Honorary Secretary. The annual subscription for playing members was five shillings, and the original colours were light and dark blue. Thus began the history of one of the most illustrious hockey Clubs in these islands.